Lemon Herb Rice Salad
- 2 packages (each 8.5 oz) Royal® Ready to Heat Basmati Rice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- Prepare rice according to package directions; cool completely.
- Whisk together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss together rice and vinaigrette. Stir in arugula, red pepper, black olives, parsley, basil, mint and chili flakes.
Tip: Garnish salad with toasted walnuts and crumbled feta if desired.