This Diwali weekend, celebrate with some delicious Kheer made with Royal® Basmati Rice.
- 8 cups full fat milk
- 1/2 cup Royal® Basmati Rice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons cardamom powder
- Garnish with toasted almonds and pistachios OR dissolve ¼ cup sugar and a pinch of saffron in ¼ cup water to make golden saffron syrup
- Soak rice in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Heat milk over the stove on medium heat until it starts simmering.
- Add the cardamom powder and sugar.
- Add the drained rice and cook over for 30-40 minutes on simmer until the Kheer is thickened and rice is cooked. You will need to stir the rice frequently to prevent the milk from burning and rice from sticking to the bottom of pot. Breaking up the rice as it softens adds to the creamy texture of the finished Kheer.
- Serve garnished with toasted nuts or saffron syrup