Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice Lettuce Wraps
- 2 packages (each 8.5 oz) Royal Ready to Heat Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 18 large lettuce leaves
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled cotija cheese
- Stir together oil, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, cumin, brown sugar, chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper; toss with chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, salt and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer liquid until sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour pickling liquid over red onion and let stand for 30 minutes to quick pickle.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill chicken for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until grill marked and cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes and thinly slice.