Chopped Cobb Rice Salad
A Chopped Cobb Rice Salad is sure to satisfy on a warm summer day, whether it’s as a full meal or a delicious picnic table side.
- 1½ cups RoyalⓇ Basmati Rice
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, pitted and chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions. Uncover rice and let cool slightly.
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cool water. Place over high heat and bring water to a boil. Cover the pan, remove from the heat, and let sit for 10 minutes. Transfer to an ice water bath and let cool completely. Peel eggs and roughly chop.
- In a medium skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- In a blender combine buttermilk, ½ cup blue cheese, cream cheese, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in remaining ¼ cup blue cheese.
- In a serving bowl, toss together rice, romaine, tomatoes, avocado, eggs, crumbled bacon, and dressing to taste.