Chicken Korma with Royal® Chef’s Secret Long Grain Basmati Rice
We created this Chicken Korma with Royal® Chef’s Secret Long Grain Basmati Rice recipe in celebration of the last day of Ramadan to break the traditional fasting – dig in!
- 1¾ cups water
- 1 cup Royal® Chef’s Secret Long Grain Basmati Rice
- Pinch of salt
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ cup almonds
- ¾ cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon GrapeOla® Grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- In a medium sauce pot, bring water to a boil. Add rice and salt and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken thighs into small 1½ to 2 inch chunks and put them in a large bowl.
- Add the tomato paste, ginger, garlic, garam masala, crushed red pepper, paprika, cardamom, salt, turmeric and almonds into a food processor on high-speed until completely smooth. Add the mixture to the bowl with the chicken along with the yogurt and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Add the oil and butter to a large cast iron skillet or heavy skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until just caramelized. Add in the chicken and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the heavy cream to the skillet and mix well, cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes. Let cool and slightly thicken. Serve hot with the prepared rice.