Cheesy Vegetable Paratha – Made with Royal® Sharbati Atta
These cheesy Western Indian style parathas are filled with crunchy onions, fresh tomatoes and get an extra spice from minced jalapeño. Pan cook them with a healthy brushing of ghee and you have a delicious snack or side dish courtesy of Royal Sharbati Atta!
- 2½ cups Royal® Sharbati Atta
- 1 cup water (add more as needed)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cups chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- Combine Royal® Sharbati Atta, water and oil in bowl
- Knead until the dough can be folded into a ball with a slightly sticky texture
- In a separate bowl, combine the red onion, jalapeño, tomato, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1 cup cilantro, salt and pepper
- Halve the dough. Roll each piece between your palms, forming a ball and then press the ball between your palms to flatten, creating a disc shape. Repeat.
- Top one disc with the vegetable and cheese mix. Place a second disk on top of the first.
- Flatten 2 discs with hands, sealing the sides.
- Cook on medium-high heat, adding ghee to each side after flipping once. Cook until both sides are golden brown
- Makes 7 stuffed parathas.