Blueberry and Cherry Kiribath with Royal® Jasmine Rice
Celebrate the summer or the 4th of July in the sweetest way – with a Blueberry and Cherry Kiribath, a Southeast Asian dessert a little like rice pudding. Yum!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup Royal® Jasmine Rice
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rose water optional
- Place the Royal® Jasmine rice, coconut milk and water in a deep pan and bring to a boil. When mixture reaches a rolling boil, turn the heat down low. Add the cinnamon, blueberries, cherries, salt, honey and rose water.
- Cover and let simmer for 18 minutes—make sure the flame is low. Otherwise, the liquid will evaporate too quickly and the rice might get burnt.
- Remove from heat and pour into a shallow glass container.
- Let cool before cutting. Eat plain or top with whipped coconut cream. If you wish to make a tricolor for the Fourth of July, divide the recipe and cook plain rice, then rice with blueberries, and then with cherries. Divide in the shallow pan into 3 parts.