Asian Chicken Tacos
Royal’s changing up your Taco Tuesdays by giving chicken tacos an Asian twist! Toss Royal Basmati Rice with soy, ginger and garlic and roll it up in a tortilla with crisp veggies and marinated chicken for a quick and easy meal.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup RoyalⓇ Basmati Rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 taco-size corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 4 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves and stems, to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add rice, garlic and ginger stir constantly for 4 minutes until rice becomes fragrant and toasted. Add water and soy sauce, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- Brush chicken with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish and bake 20 minutes. Flip and bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until the internal temperature reaches 165℉ and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife. Let cool briefly and shred the chicken.
- Divide rice between the tortillas and top with chicken, cucumber, carrot, radishes, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise and sriracha and drizzle over tacos.